We teach English language, therefore we teach the world. Travelling, experiencing culture and nature is the basic motivation behind learning any language. It involves a lot of vocabulary and speaking practice.
Breathtaking views that stick in your mind will make this practice more memorable and meaningful. Concise descriptions will leave plenty of room for the production stage.
I. Go to the website: http://www.thecoolhunter.net and have some time to have a look at the pictures of all these amazing places.
II. Read their descriptions and introduce some vocabulary coonected with geography. You might want to introduce some of these:
- CONTINENT, COUNTRY, AREA, DISTRICT, CITY, TOWN, VILLAGE, CAPITAL
- MOUNTAIN, MOUNTAIN RANGE, HILL, CLIFF, SUMMIT, PEAK, PASS, VALLEY, PLAIN, PLATEAU, GLACIER, VOLCANO
- SEA, OCEAN, LAKE, POOL - POND, RIVER, STREAM, CANAL, SPRING,
- COAST, ISLAND, PENINSULA, BAY, GULF, ESTUARY,
- DESERT, OASIS – HAVEN, FOREST, TROPICAL FOREST, TROPICAL RAINFOREST